API 682 STANDARD DUAL CARTRIDGE SEALS
APD 302 / 302SD
APD 302TM / 302SDTM
Dual (Back to Back) Cartridge Seal for Sealing Corrosive and Abrasive Applications
- Designed for heavy industry pumps pumping very viscous media, such as asphalt or pitch transfer pumps under high temperature towers, large heavy oil transfer pumps and refining process pumps.
- Prevent hazardous emissions of acidic, caustic, corrosive, volatile and toxic media.
- Ideal for high viscosity applications, such as emulsions, latex and rubber.
- Reliable sealing for high temperature, high or varying pressure processes.
- Engineered to cope with process fluids prone to crystallize, or with a high percentage of abrasive solids or powder.
- Withstand dry running involved with frequent starts and stops.
- Used for dry-running applications in specialty equipment, such as air transportation blowers.
- Ability to tolerate short intermittent dry-running in batch charging and discharging equipment.
- Widely used in the refining, petrochemical, rubber, chemical, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, pipeline transportation, renewable energy, and power generation industries.
- Non-wetted seal design where most seal components are kept away from process contamination.
- Normally operated with pressurized system; however, unpressurized system may apply for certain criteria.
- Creative flow guide rim ensures barrier circulation flow throughout the cartridge cavity.
- Robust and compact configurations ideal for seal chamber of limited space.
- Operating Capabilities
- Temperature： -40 ~ 230°C (-40 ~ 446 °F )
- Pressure： Up to 300 psig (21 kg/cm2G)
- Surface Speed： Up to 5000 fpm (25 m/s)
- Standard Materials
- Stationary Ring：Carbon Graphite / Silicon Carbide / Tungsten Carbide
- Rotary Ring：Silicon Carbide / Tungsten Carbide
- Metal Parts：316 SS / 304 SS / 316L SS / 316Ti SS / Duplex Stainless / Alloy C-276 / Titanium / Monel®
- Elastomeric O-rings：FKM / AFLAS / NBR / EPDM / TV / FFKM (SceniRAZTM / Chemraz® / Kalrez®)
- Gland Gasket：Glass-Filled PTFE / Non- Asbestos / O-Ring
- Springs：316 SS / Alloy C-276 / Inconel®
- Custom designs are available to cover the specific needs of customers.