Standard DIN/ANSI Single Cartridge Seals
CarLife 99 / 99QD
CarLife® 99TM/ CarLife® 99QDTM
ECONOMICAL AND GENERAL-PURPOSE
DESIGNS FOR INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
With 99 as a symbolism of longevity in Mandarin, CarLife 99, an abbreviation for Cartridge Life 99, is characterized by its long and trouble-free working life.
Among the CarLife family seals, CarLife 99 is the most popular one, offering significant savings in owning costs, and has been serving our vast customers worldwide ever since it hit the market. Created with simple yet sound construction, CarLife 99 is highly reliable and has been widely used in a variety of industrial sectors, particularly for chemical and water resource process applications.
In addition to similar construction and assembly procedure, the CarLife family has interchangeable major parts. More shared parts mean simpler maintenance process and inventory management. As a result, our CarLife customers are able to stock fewer inventory parts and pay much lower maintenance and inventory holding costs. And the more CarLife products they use, the more benefits they can gain from their cost-effective CarLife seals.
• CarLife 99：Standard configuration
• CarLife 99QD：Standard configuration with quench and drain ports
- Specially designed for large-scale vertical pumps with large amounts of radial or axial runout.
- Ability to tolerate short intermittent dry-running in batch charging and discharging equipment.
- Suitable for a wide range of rotating equipment, such as water pumps, chemical process pumps, vertical pumps, centrifugal pumps and eccentric screw pumps.
- Ideal for seawater pumps and wastewater treatment pumps for handling dirty and abrasive media containing solids.
- Widely used in the alcohol (e.g. methanol and ethanol), bio-diesel and corn processing industries.
- Capable of handling processes involving acids, alkalis, corrosive fluids and vacuum pressure.
- Suited for a variety of industrial applications, including refining, petrochemical, chemical, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, pipeline transportation, power generation, steel, semiconductor, electronics, biotechnology, water resource, and wastewater treatment.
- The patented cartridge design features innovative dropproof springs, thereby speeding installation and maintenance.
- Lightweight and balanced construction for optimal performance.
- Self-aligning compensates for shaft runout up to ±0.8 mm, increasing operational reliability.
- Stationary and divorced from the process media, the springs have prolonged service life.
- Our jumbo coil springs have better wear resistance than many other brands.
- All applied O-rings are micro-polished to ensure smooth and anti-stick surfaces.
- Monolithic sealing faces with precise dimensions and excellent resistance to wear.
- The CarLife family shares the major parts.
- Operating Capabilities
- Temperature： -40 ~ 230°C (-40 ~ 446 °F )
- Pressure： Up to 300 psig (21 kg/cm2G)
- Surface Speed： Up to 5000 fpm (25 m/s)
- Standard Materials
- Stationary Ring：Carbon Graphite / Silicon Carbide / Tungsten Carbide
- Rotary Ring：Silicon Carbide / Tungsten Carbide
- Metal Parts：316 SS / 304 SS / 316L SS / 316Ti SS / Duplex Stainless / Alloy C-276 / Titanium / Monel®
- Elastomeric O-rings：FKM / AFLAS / NBR / EPDM / TV / FFKM (SceniRAZTM / Chemraz® / Kalrez®)
- Gland Gasket：Glass-Filled PTFE / Non- Asbestos / O-Ring
- Springs：316 SS / Alloy C-276 / Inconel®
- Custom designs are available to cover the specific needs of customers.